Candice Brown Photography | Wedding and Portrait Professional
Best Engagement Photographer-Mobile, AL
How to Have the Best Engagement Session
These are a few tips to help make your engagement pictures be the best pictures possible.
1. Plan What to Wear
You've booked a photographer. You're probably planning on using one of these images for a save-the-date. At the very least, I hope you plan on displaying a few in your home...My point is, you have invested in this session, so go all out! It will a much more enjoyable experience if you feel good about what you are wearing.
- The best advice I have to give about wardrobe:
- Dress up!
- Go out and buy something new that you love! OR, if you already have something you love, send it to the cleaners to be pressed. New clothes, or pressed, have a crisp look to them that actually does make a difference in photos.
- Wear something that makes you feel confident. (Unless that means cargo pants, then sorry...you'll just have to be uncomfortable. *winky face*)
- Ladies: if you just absolutely hate your arms, then don't wear sleeveless/strapless.
- Also consider the location and time of year of your session.
- The general info you've already read somewhere (that is also correct):
- Coordinate, but you don't have to be match-y match-y.
- Don't wear big logos or pictures. We want the focus to be on you, not something on your shirt.
- Accessories like scarves, statement jewelry, and bold shoes are all great and photograph really well.
- Avoid tiny patterns, as they won't show up in your images anyway.
- Something that fits your style is also a fun plus.
2. Pick a Location that Fits You as a Couple.
Some couples know exactly what location they want because it holds a special meaning. Where they first met, where the proposal happened, family land, so on and so forth. But what if none of that works for y'all? Here are some things to think about that might help you reach a decision:
- What would match your home decor? If your house has a modern, minimalist style- then you probably don't want rustic/outdoorsy looking images. Perhaps a more architectural look would be better.
- What are things you both like? Love coffee... then part of the session should be at a cozy coffee shop. Riding bikes on the weekend...maybe dress-up the idea with a vintage bike in cute downtown Fairhope.
- What places to you really love? The beach. Downtown Mobile. The French Quarter in New Orleans. The location doesn't have to have some deeper meaning. It can also be a place where y'all simply enjoy having fun.
3. Most Important: Relax and Have Fun with One Another!!
4. A Few Other Good Tips...
- Clean your ring.
- Get your hair and makeup done professionally.
- Trust your photographer
- BE ON TIME!! <--- Very important and should probably be at the top of the list.
Location: 12401 Bellingrath Gardens Rd, Theodore, AL 36582.